Booking Terms and Conditions
1.THE CONTRACT for a short-term holiday rental will be between the Higher Wiscombe Owners (referred to as “us” or “we”) and the person making the booking and all members of the holiday party (referred to as “you” or “your”) in the following booking conditions. UK law will govern the Contract. The contract of hire is not effective until we have processed the deposit. The contract will be subject to these booking conditions, and must be complied with. The party leader must be at least 18 years of age at the time of booking and prior to arrival we must be provided with a list containing the names and ages of all guests.
- PAYMENT: Bookings are CONFIRMED on receipt the deposit of 40% of the holiday cost. The deposit must be paid within 5 days of booking being placed. The balance of the rental will be due for payment TWO CALENDAR MONTHS prior to the holiday commencement date and we reserve the right to cancel a holiday where payment has not been received 2 calendar months before the commencement date. If the booking is made within 2 calendar months of the holiday start date the full rental will be required. If the booking is made within 14 days of the arrival date, full payment must be received within 24 hours of placing the booking. No entry to properties will be allowed without payment, in full, being cleared beforehand. Once you have a confirmed booking, (for clarity when you have paid the deposit), you are responsible for the full rental cost even if you subsequently cancel.
- CANCELLATION: Cancellations must be immediately notified to us by phone and email and once received in writing we will confirm the cancellation request. If we are able to re-let your booking we will refund you the final letting price (which may be less than you paid) less an administration fee. If we are unable to re-let there will be no refund under any circumstances and you will still be responsible for the full rental cost.
- CANCELLATION INSURANCE: Cancellation Insurance is not compulsory but we strongly recommend such insurance to protect against the cancellation penalty.
- CIRCUMSTANCES BEYOND THE CONTROL OF THE OWNER (FORCE MAJEURE): If for any reason we have to cancel your booking in advance due to circumstances beyond our control for example fire, flood, exceptional weather conditions, epidemics, destruction/damage to the property (“force majeure“) you will be refunded the full amount of the booking. If we have to terminate your holiday early for the above reasons you will be refunded part of the booking fee based on the time remaining of the booking. No additional compensation, expenses or costs will be payable.
6.PERIOD OF HIRE: You should not arrive before 4pm on the commencement date, and leave by 10am on the day of departure. Failure to do so may result in you being charged a further day’s rental. You must not use the property except for the purpose of a holiday during the holiday period, and not for any other purpose or longer period. The agreement to stay in the property for the holiday period, does not create the relationship of Landlord and Tenant between the parties. You shall not be entitled to a new tenancy, or to any assured short hold or assured tenancy or any statutory protection under the Housing Act 1988 or other statutory security of tenure now or at the end of the Holiday Period.
7.NUMBER OF PERSONS USING THE PROPERTY: Under no circumstances may more than the maximum number of persons stated on the web site occupy the property. We reserve the right to refuse admittance if this condition is not observed. Any persons other than members of your party must not use the facilities at Higher Wiscombe.
- LIABILITY: Higher Wiscombe, its employees and representatives shall not be liable to you or your party for loss or damage to property howsoever arising. You must take all necessary steps to safeguard yourselves and your property.
- CARE OF THE PROPERTY: You are responsible for the property and are expected to take all reasonable care of its furniture, pictures, fittings and effects, in or on the property. You must leave them in the same state of repair, and in a reasonable clean and tidy condition at the end of the rental period. You must not use the properties for any dangerous, offensive, noxious, noisy, immoral activities or carry on there any act that may be a nuisance or annoyance to the owner or other neighbouring properties. Smoking is not allowed in any of the properties.
- DAMAGES & BREAKAGES: You are legally bound to reimburse us for replacement, repair or extra cleaning costs on demand.
- WIFI: Wi-Fi is provided for the guest’s reasonable use. The guest agrees to reasonable and lawful usage of this service.
- RIGHT OF ENTRY: We shall be allowed the right of entry to the property at all reasonable times for purposes of inspection or to carry out any necessary repairs or maintenance.
- COMPLAINTS: Every effort has been made to ensure that you have an enjoyable stay. However, if you have any problem or cause for complaint, it is essential that you contact us immediately to give us the chance to resolve it. We value your custom and want you to return.
- DRONES AND FIREWORKS: Neither is allowed without our express written permission. We have livestock on our fields and our neighbours have livestock on theirs. Permission would not be unreasonably withheld.
- PETS: We only allow dogs, and only when have they been booked in and paid for. (£25 per dog, per stay/per cottage entered). Two dogs are allowed in the Thatched and Old Winery and one in the Flint Barn. We may allow more dogs to stay but this must be agreed in writing before arrival. In order to maintain our Five Star Gold Cottages for everyone to enjoy, it is necessary that guests bringing dog(s) agree to these conditions.
Additional Terms and Condition for guests bringing their dog(s).
16: On arrival Your dog(s) must be kept on the lead while you get your bearings and get to know the site and where the walks are. There is an area close to the cottages where you can let them off to stretch their legs.
17: We have three friendly cats; one particularly likes to befriend all our guests at every opportunity. If your dog(s) have any problem with cats you must notify us prior to booking.
18: There will be other guests, other dogs and animals on site so you must keep your dog(s) on a lead in the courtyard, and around the other properties, this means keeping them on the lead when you first set out for your walk. Once they’re out in the designated fields or the orchard they can be off the lead as much as you like provided they are under your control. They must not chase any livestock or wildlife.
19: Dogs are not allowed in the bedrooms, but are allowed on the sofas provided that you use the throws provided and keep the dog from contact with the soft furnishings. We can provide stair gates in the cottages which will help control where the dog(s) can wander in the cottages. We will levy an extra cleaning charge if they have been on the beds or on the uncovered sofas.
20: If you are part of a group booking, and your party has taken two or more cottages the dog(s) must remain in the cottage that the dog(s) were booked into. If they are going to enter the other cottages the dog fee per cottage must be paid in addition as each cottage will need additional cleaning.
21: To avoid yellow patches on the lawns we provide you with “doggy rocks” to go in the water bowls. These must be used.
22: Your dog(s) must not be left alone with free run of the property. We provide crates for you, with Sherpa cage mats and some dog treats. We provide a guide of dog friendly pubs and restaurants and places to visit so that your dog can be with you as much as possible.
23: We regret that dogs that bark continuously are not allowed at Higher Wiscombe. They will disturb the other guests.
24: When you bring a muddy dog back from a walk, please clean them off using the outside tap and the coloured canine towels provided. On no account use the white towels provided for human use.
25: Poop patrol! When you take your dogs for a walk, please pick up after your dog(s) including in our fields, as these are open to all guests. Please dispose of poops in the outside poo-bin, whatever the weather. We provide free poo-bags and a dedicated poo bin so please use them. And remember to take bags with you to the beach and on walks.
26: Each garden is fully enclosed so you can relax outside with your dog(s), the gates must be kept shut at all times.
27: If you have a puppy please take extra care. They will chew the furniture or soft furnishings here in our 5 star cottages! Maintaining our grading is key to our business and we can’t always repair things, it has to be replaced, at your expense. We do provide dog crates whenever dogs are booked in.
28: You must obey the Countryside Code and keep your dog(s) under close control at all times for their own safety as well as for the benefit of other dog owners and livestock.
29: The dog(s) are not allowed in the garden surrounding the swimming pool.
30: Please thoroughly clean the cottage, including dog hair from rugs, before you leave; if properties require additional cleaning we will have to charge a £50 fee to cover the cost.
31: There are lots of dog walks on our 52 acres and in the surrounding lanes. Please do be aware there may be animals in our fields, and do not take dogs into fields with animals. Please also make sure you close any gates behind you. We will provide you with a guide to a variety of walks in our fields where there will be no livestock. However, to get to the footpaths at the top our drive you will pass through fields with livestock and your dog(s) will need to be on a lead as you pass through.