Higher Wiscombe is truly dog-friendly. Winner of both the Best Dog-friendly Business in Devon and in England. We want to make your dog’s stay as comfortable and enjoyable as possible.
We have 52 Acres of private rolling Devon countryside for you to explore, are near great walks, including the SW Coast Path. We can provide all the equipment you need, to save filling the car. We have a “Doggy Guest Code of Conduct” which is linked to HERE. Check out the Doggy videos on the Video tab, they’re guaranteed to make you smile.
Dogs need to be booked in, just like human guests, and we charge £25 per dog stay. You can bring more than one dog, we just request that you ask us first.
We have paths mown through our fields, the orchard and into the wet wood where there are a million new smells for your dog to discover along with streams, woodland and large open spaces to run free. There may be some livestock on two of the four main fields but there will always be 30 acres or so of freedom and exploration for your dog on our land.
If there’s anything we can help with, please contact us today, without obligation.
To make your dog’s stay as comfortable and enjoyable as possible we provide the following:
- Dog crate in the cottage, with a cage mat
- Dog bowls and dog treats
- Throws provided for covering the furniture
- Pet towels provided
- Separate bin for the doggy poop bags.
- Details of dog friendly walks, including along the coastal path, The East Devon Way and which beaches are dog friendly at which time of year.
- Details of dog friendly attractions and places to eat
- Outside tap for the really muddy characters
- Stair gate