The Winery & Flint & Thatched
Stunning Five Star Gold spacious contemporary accommodation, perfect for large groups. Set in 52 acres, The Winery sleeps 20 in 10 en-suite bedrooms, Flint sleeps 6 in 3 en-suite bedrooms and Thatched sleeps 6 in 3 en-suite bedrooms. They are all close to each other in a courtyard setting. The dining room table in the Winery can easily seat 34 adults. Two well equipped kitchens enable catering on a grand scale.
The vast kitchen/diner/sitting room has wide sliding doors onto the terrace for large groups to enjoy socialising inside and outside. Both the new sitting room, new balcony and new outside dining areas can also accommodate up to 34 adults. From the second upstairs sitting room you can access the enormous glass sided balcony with outdoor sofas. The views are stunning!!
In total there are Four bedrooms are super-king doubles and 11 can be super-king doubles or 3′ twins and one is a 5’ Four Poster. All bedrooms are ensuite. Linen and bath towels are provided and beds made up prior to arrival. We can provide cots (not bed linen), high chairs (two types) and stair- gates and up to two put-up beds for children.
There are also three additional cloakrooms, one with a reclaimed prison door! Large fridges, freezers, range cookers with electric ovens, gas hobs and plenty of crockery, cutlery, glasses and large pans make this a fantastic venue for groups. Book a Cook also an option. Underfloor heating throughout make the slate floors wonderfully warm in the winter and cool in the summer. Wood-burners, logs included, make it cosy in winter. Meshed wifi is provided. EV Charging is available at Higher Wiscombe, which we do charge for, full details please see: https://www.higherwiscombe.com/ev-charging/
The private gardens are not overlooked and each cottage has a wonderful view of our unspoilt valley. Ample outdoor furniture and a large gas Weber BBQ make eating outdoors a pleasure. (Gas included and the BBQ is cleaned and ready to go). There is a heated swimming pool in season and a games room all year round.
Floor plans and virtual tours enable you to see the amazing space and layout before you book.
Waitrose, Sainsbury’s and Tesco and many good local food shops are nearby and we can also accept Waitrose Deliver, Ocado, tesco.com and Sainsbury’s online deliveries if required. On our website there is a guide to local restaurants, where to buy local food, take-aways and where to go and what do locally.
What We Include
- All beds made up on arrival
- Welcome Hamper
- All Bathroom towels, (we do not provide towels for the swimming pool or beach)
- Electricity, water and heating
- Shower stool, raised loo seat, and grab handles upon request, (please discuss your requirements with us)
- Non-slip bath mats (available upon request)
- Logs for wood-burners, eco firelighters and kindling, long matches
- WiFi, this is rural broadband, 4G from mast
- Board Games
- Local tea and cafetière coffee plus milk and sugar to make a cup after your journey
- Flowers in the cottages
- Christmas Trees and decorations at Christmas and New Year
- Eco Washing up liquid
- Eco Multi Surface Cleaner
- Eco Dishwasher Tablets
- Eco Laundry Tablets
- Bar Hand Soap in bathrooms
- Two loo rolls per loo
- Tea Towels
- Bin liners
- Himalayan Sea Salt and mixed Peppercorns in grinders
- Cots, highchairs, Handysitts and stair-gates on request (please discuss your requirements with us)