Hank’s Annexe is an adults only property designed just for two, and is named after Hank Marvin, guitarist in The Shadows who lived at Higher Wiscombe in the 70’s. His signature red Fender Stratocaster guitar is featured in the artwork in the property. Hank’s Annexe is an adults only spacious sleeps two, and is not suitable for children. With a stunning, large, open plan kitchen/living /dining room sharing far reaching views of the East Devon Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. Whilst equipped for two, there is room for a couple of friends to come and join you for a meal either inside or outside.
The single large bedroom features a huge 6′ wide bespoke steel four poster bed plus a large nickel William Holland bateau bath. There separate wet-room shower room is very spacious and there is a separate loo.
The underfloor heating and double-glazing throughout make it warm in winter while the tiled floors keep it cool in summer. The private garden with metal garden furniture with a Weber gas barbecue, (clean and ready for use, with tools and gas provided) in the summer. There is a games room and, in the summer, an outdoor heated pool.
The modern kitchen area is extremely well equipped, with a NEFF built in electric oven with a NEFF Induction hob. There is large fridge/freezer, dishwasher, wine fridge, toaster and microwave. The sitting area and kitchen have tile floors and a large squashy sofa to relax into.
The living/dining room and bedroom both feature vaulted ceilings with exposed beams. In the entrance hall is a cupboard for coats which also has a washing machine and dryer.
The private garden is enclosed for dogs and has far-reaching views over Southleigh Valley. The garden is not overlooked. Private parking for a maximum of two cars is provided. EV Charging is available at Higher Wiscombe, which we do charge for, full details please see: https://www.higherwiscombe.com/ev-charging/
We are within easy reach of Waitrose, Sainsbury’s and Tesco and many good local food shops, and can also accept Waitrose, Tesco and Sainsbury’s deliveries if required. We have a digital Touch Stay guide that provides you with information on local restaurants, where to buy local food, takeaways, and information about the area.
What We Include
- All beds made up on arrival, (cottage is not suitable for children)
- Welcome Hamper
- All Bathroom towels, (we do not provide towels for the swimming pool or beach)
- Electricity, water and heating
- Shower stool, raised loo seat, and grab handles upon request, (please discuss your requirements with us)
- Non-slip bath mats (available upon request)
- WiFi, this is rural broadband, 4G from mast
- Board Games
- Local tea and cafetière coffee plus milk and sugar to make a cup after your journey
- Flowers in the cottages
- Christmas Trees and decorations at Christmas and New Year
- Eco Washing up liquid
- Eco Multi Surface Cleaner
- Eco Dishwasher Tablets
- Eco Laundry Tablets
- Bar Hand Soap in bathrooms
- Two loo rolls per loo
- Tea Towels
- Bin liners
- Himalayan Sea Salt and mixed Peppercorns in grinders