Buzzard is a stunning Five Star Gold spacious contemporary house. Set in 52 acres, Buzzard is essentially a downsized Winery, our stunning large cottage, redefined for the Rule of Six. We have cut off half the building leaving the best bits, just removing five ensuite bedrooms and a kitchen.
Buzzard can sleep six and allows guests to choose between 5 ensuite bedrooms.
The large kitchen/diner/sitting room has wide sliding doors onto the terrace for you to enjoy socialising inside and outside. There is even a bar in the downstairs sitting room. From the second upstairs sitting room you can access the enormous glass sided balcony with outdoor sofas in season, outdoor furniture in winter. The views are stunning!!
One bedroom is a super-king double, four can be super-king doubles or 3′ twins. All ensuite. Linen and bath towels are provided, and beds made up prior to arrival. We can provide cots (not bed linen), highchairs (two types) and stairgates and up to two put-up beds for children.
There is also an additional cloakroom. Large fridges, drinks fridges, freezers, a range cooker with electric oven and gas hob plus plenty of crockery, cutlery, glasses and large pans make cooking easy. Book a Cook also an option. Underfloor heating throughout make the slate floors wonderfully warm in the winter and cool in the summer. There is a Wood-burners, logs included, making it cosy in winter. Free electric vehicle charging, and Wi-Fi are available.
The private garden is not overlooked and has a wonderful view of the unspoilt valley below. Ample outdoor furniture and a large gas Weber BBQ make eating outdoors a pleasure. (Gas included and the BBQ is cleaned and ready to go). There is a heated swimming pool in season and a games room all year round.
Floor plans and virtual tours enable you to see the amazing space and layout before you book.
Waitrose, Sainsbury’s and Tesco and many good local food shops are nearby, and we can also accept Waitrose Deliver, Ocado, tesco.com and Sainsbury’s online deliveries if required. On our website there is a guide to local restaurants, where to buy local food, take-aways and where to go and what do locally.
- Electric Vehicle Charging, Tesla and Type 2 has just been added
- All beds made up on arrival
- Welcome Hamper
- All Bathroom towels, (we do not provide towels for the swimming pool or beach)
- Electricity, water and heating
- Shower stool, raised loo seat, and grab handles upon request, (please discuss your requirements with us)
- Non-slip bath mats (available upon request)
- Logs for wood-burners, eco firelighters and kindling, long matches
- WiFi, this is rural broadband, 4G from mast
- Board Games
- Local tea and cafetière coffee plus milk and sugar to make a cup after your journey
- Flowers in the cottages
- Christmas Trees and decorations at Christmas and New Year
- Eco Washing up liquid
- Eco Multi Surface Cleaner
- Eco Dishwasher Tablets
- Eco Laundry Tablets
- Bar Hand Soap in bathrooms
- Two loo rolls per loo
- Tea Towels
- Bin liners
- Himalayan Sea Salt and mixed Peppercorns in grinders
- Cots, highchairs, Handysitts and stair-gates on request (please discuss your requirements with us)