From the outset, we wanted our cottages to be of the highest quality without impacting on our local environment. Starting from scratch, we designed and converted each of the barns.
We followed the Visit England self-catering guidelines with the cottages being part of NQAS, (the National Quality Assessment Scheme) since we opened. We have been graded at 5 Star from the outset and Five Star Gold from the introduction of that scheme. We also wanted to make sure that we are limiting the environmental impact of the business and joined GTBS (Green Tourism Business Scheme) and have held the Gold accreditation since 2007.
Higher Wiscombe scooped four awards at the Visit Devon Tourism Awards 2015/16, Best Self- catering, Best Dog-friendly, Runner up in Sustainable Tourism and was awarded overall Winner of Winners.
- Best Self-Catering Business: National Visit England Awards 2007/8
- Outstanding Contribution to Green Tourism: Green Tourism Awards 2014
- Best Self-Catering Business: Visit Devon Awards 2015/16
- Best Dog Friendly Accommodation: Visit Devon Awards 2015/16
- Runner up in Sustainable Tourism: Visit Devon Awards 2015/16
- Visit Devon’s Winner of Winners: Visit Devon Awards 2015/16
- Visit England’s Rose Award for Outstanding Customer Service
- Outstanding contribution to Tourism: South West Tourism Excellence Awards 2016
- Best Dog-Friendly Business: National Visit England Awards 2016
So, this is our show off page, where we can display our gongs and most importantly thank all the people who have helped us get this far, in particular the thousands of wonderful guests we have met since opening in 2006!